interdiac learning programmes are created with a specific focus on the needs of organisations and churches in Central and Eastern Europe.
All programmes are designed in collaboration with interdiac members and place great importance on linking theory with practice and integrating theology and spirituality.
The innovative approach to learning within interdiac is based on Christian values (for example as elaborated in the Bratislava Declaration.
And the statement on an Ethical Orientation to Social Work and Work with Young People.
interdiac programmes are characterised by:
- A personal, student centred approach.
- Building on personal motivation.
- Developing self-awareness and self-understanding.
- Developing models of practice that emphasise participation, empowerment and transformation.
- Using participatory methods.
- A continuous process of evaluation, self-evaluation and reflection.
- Great emphasis is placed on linking theory with practice and integrating theology and spirituality.